HydRocks(TM) is an all-natural, eco-friendly, non-degradable soil enhancer. HydRocks(TM) is agriculturally sterile and environmentally inert. It is not a chemical. It is a non-toxic, generally neutral pH, absorptive granule made from natural material.
BENEFITS: * Reduce Nutrient Loss
* Improve Moisture Retention
* Provide Adequate Drainage
* Enhance Soil Resiliency
* Increases Resistance to Compaction
Why Should I Choose HydRocks?
Unlike other soil amendments such as peat and mulch, HydRocksTM does not need to be reapplied year after year. HydRocksTM is dimensionally stable and will not degrade or compress like other soil conditioning products.
HydRocksTM Reduces Water Usage
HydRocksTM Soil Enhancement provides an excellent environment for healthy root structure. HydRocksTM retains as much as 35% of its weight in absorbed water and water-borne nutrients which are steadily released as the soil dries. These characteristics also help prevent soil cracking and crusting.
HydRocksTMIncreases Plant Performance
The porous micro-surface texture and interior porous structure of HydRocksTM resist clogging and provide superior aeration that promotes growth of delicate, fine root systems. Problems of soil compaction are significantly reduced when HydRocksTM is properly proportioned within the soil. The soil remains resilient because moisture and air movement are not restricted. HydRocksTM provides the optimum conditions for fast, healthy plant growth.
Where to Use HydRocks
Use HydRocksTM In New Lawns
Fighting heavy clay soils is a real challenge, and one HydRocksTMis well suited to overcome. Follow these simple steps:
1. Break up clay soil to depths of 8" to 12" (this is the most physically demanding step).
2. Apply the recommended rate of fertilizer and any required soil amendments such as lime or gypsum to the surface of the soil.
3. Till or disk the soil as deep as possible.
4. SpreadHydRocksTM evenly on the surface to a depth of 1" to 2".
5. Add a 1/2" to 1" layer of organic matter, preferably a good compost (recommended but optional).
6. Till or work HydRocksTM and compost into the soil to a depth of 6" to 8".
7. Rake the soil smooth.
8. Seed or lay sod just before the next rain or watering cycle.
Use HydRocksTMin Topdressing Existing Turf
Topdressing with HydRocksTM on existing turf creates a permanent addition to the soil, improves drainage, fills low spots, and helps provide a more level surface. Additionally, it helps promote the microbial action, which breaks down thatch and organic matter to improve nutrient availability to the grass and plants. HydRocksTM can be applied as topdressing under two conditions:
First, and best, is following mechanical aeration.
* Apply HydRocksTM to closely cropped and aerated turf surface to form a 3/8" to 1/2" uniform layer.
* Rake HydRocksTM into the 2" to 4" deep core holes, or simply allow it to drop into the holes without raking.
Secondly, simply apply HydRocksTM on closely cropped, non-aerated turf.
* Spread HydRocksTM evenly to a 3/8" to 1/2" layer.
* HydRocksTM will eventually work its way into the thatch layer.
Use HydRocksTM in Garden Beds and Potting Soil
1. Blending HydRocksTM, organic components, and soil in approximately equal proportions produces an excellent gardening and potting soil.
2. A generous layer of HydRocksTM in the bottom of solid-bottom pots will absorb excess water when plants are slightly over-watered.
3. A layer of HydRocksTMs in the bottom of pots with holes will hold the potting soil in place and still allow proper drainage and root development.
4. Use HydRocksTM to cover the top surface of the pot or bed to give a neat, attractive appearance. HydRocksTMwill retain moisture and reduce the need for frequent watering while allowing good airflow.
Why Do I Need a Soil Enhancer?
Soil is a fragile growing medium consisting of three components: solid particles, water and air. It is necessary to maintain a careful balance of these elements to establish a good soil profile.